Thread: gone plane crazy Gloat

gone plane crazy Gloat

I have pick up more planes in the last 2 weeks then I have over the last 3 years of looking for tools. Yesterday I was at a estate sale and purchased 2 #45 for $25.00 each one is for parts the other with make a nice plane. Also pick up a box full of blades for $14.00, a Moving Fillister Plane in great condition for $8.00 sale45.jpgforthfive.jpgMoving Fillister Plane.jpglast week a #6 and MF 707 week before #5, and #8 have a lot of cleaning and sharpening to do this winter, but it's a good thing.

It's funny how, at some point, the herd really takes off.

Don't regret buying two 45s. There are times when having two set up with different irons makes for more efficient work.

Yup, I have a 45 and 55. The 45 always has a quarter inch blade set up for cutting rabbits for drawer bottoms.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Blog Entries
    An extra 45 is always a good thing. There are 5 in my shop, one is a type 4. Looks like one of yours, but your looks like it might have japanning which would make it a type 3 or earlier.

I have a #50 set up with the 1/4? blade for the drawer bottoms.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hope to get them cleaned up and dated next week.