Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannah Cabinet (photo gallery)

Hannah Cabinet (photo gallery)

Perhaps a cabinet with 140 drawers isn't your style, but still this is some amazing work, and interesting viewing:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/phot...818-2s57z.html

http://bungendorewoodworks.com.au/ex...hannah-cabinet

Oh my! That is one of the most impressive pieces I've ever seen. Thanks for posting.

Even if that's not your style of furniture (which it certainly isn't mine) you have to be in awe of this kind of craftsmanship and patience. Putting a finish on this piece must've been a nightmare.
    Last edited by Tony Shea; 09-16-2013 at 9:45 PM.

All I can say is.....Wow.
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Could someone please pick my jaw up off the floor? It's not my cup of tea but I still love it . I wish I had the attention span to even work up the concept for something like that.
    Last edited by Brian Myers; 09-17-2013 at 8:51 AM.
    I know the voices in my head aren't real but boy do they come up with some good ideas !
    People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Blog Entries
    What can I say, everyone else has used up all the WOW!s.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The marquetry is great - he's a real master - but the overall style of the furniture is not to my taste.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I agree with Mike. The weakest design feature to my eye is that apron .The center segment is stretched out so wide that it is nearly flat, that gives a mixed dominance with the flanking more correct non flat segments. A high standard of workmanship makes a flaw out of what would be charming on a country piece. But tastes change and overall it's quite an accomplishment .

Not my style either, but I sure admire his work. What skill - and patience - 6 YEARS!

I am off to Bungendore to have a look at this, it's only a couple of hours away.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Holy smokes. I can't even imagine needed 140 drawers. Not even for my tools!
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ranum View Post
    All I can say is.....Wow.
    Ditto....I love it even though it isn't exactly furniture that I would want to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    I am off to Bungendore to have a look at this, it's only a couple of hours away.
    I'm only about 20 mins away from Bungendore. I'm heading out this weekend.

@Chris Parks & Stu Gillard. Chris, Stu, if you go visit, can you come back and post a note on what you saw? Howd it look in person, why so many drawers, howd he contruct it, etc. (You just know the media guys wont look at it the way a Woodworker will.) Id sure be interested and Ill bet some others would too.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 09-18-2013 at 9:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    The first thing I thought when viewing this level of work was H.O. Studley. While it doesn't precisely hold certain things, I have an idea that even he would approve of this work.