Thread: i met a fellow creeker in class this week...

i met a fellow creeker in class this week...

I had the pleasure of taking a 3 day hands on class with fellow creeker Bill Donahue at Jimmy Clewes workshop. We studied winged bowls, dying wood, and other texturing processes. If you ever have a chance to go take a class with Jimmy, I would highly recommend it. Here are a few pictures of my projects, and one of our class. By the way, I'm on the left in the picture.
    Enjoy, and comments are always welcome, good or bad. Russell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like someone had fun.

I second it all! Jimmy's class is first rate and I feel it accelerated my turning ability much faster than if I left it to myself. Russell averted a disaster for me by doing all of the driving after Dollar Rental ran out of cars after midnight on the night I arrived. I paid him back by helping him polish off this humongous dessert. The glass is in the photo just to show the scale of it. It's the biggest dessert I have ever seen. Sometimes, what happens in Vegas doesn't stay there.

IMG_0525(2).jpg
    Last edited by BILL DONAHUE; 09-20-2013 at 6:26 PM.
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

good stuff, thanks for sharing

Oh well Bill! At least it was you that let the secret out! It was a great trip and WE had a great time. Jimmy has a great teaching style, and I would recommend anyone take a class from him. The best part was making a couple new friends. Bill was a great class mate and I look forward to seeing him again. PS Bill I will be sending you some bowl blanks to practice on.