Thread: How Do You Fit Rockers To Chair Legs?

How Do You Fit Rockers To Chair Legs?

OK...so I made a rocker and it came it OK, but I really wasn't happy with the way the chair legs were fitted to the rockers. Instructions said to put the rocker up next to leg, trace the rocker profile to the leg, the cut the leg to the profile. This really didn't take into consideration, the fact that the chair legs are closer to each other in the rear, than in the front, which would then change the way the leg bottoms would sit on the rockers. Epoxy with filler, saved me this time, but I sure would like to learn how to get the chair leg bottoms, to fit the rockers better, so that there is more wood to wood contact. A dowel might also be a good idea. Any help here would be appreciated.

2. Peter Galbert's 2 part article in FWW #218 and #219 details his technique. Also in his blog, chairnotes.blogspot.com, he describes a router jig for fitting rockers.

Quote Originally Posted by John A. Scott View Post
    Peter Galbert's 2 part article in FWW #218 and #219 details his technique. Also in his blog, chairnotes.blogspot.com, he describes a router jig for fitting rockers.
    John, can't see the FWW article unless I pay for a subscription and couldn't find the router jig in the article. Thanks anyhow.