I friend gave me a Knaack tool chest, old and rusty, and I want to clean it up and paint it. It is of the type that one can't readily steal without a fork lift or some such thing, at least when filled with tools. ust be 5' x 3' x 4' tall, slant front.

I have a 6" Milwaukee right angle grinder, 5000 rpm, which was part of an estate I bought, but I have never used it except to see if it worked. Looks like a 5/8" by 11 stud.

I am thinking of a coarse, cup type, knotted wire "wheel". Is this a good approach, or will I grind through it? I am open to suggestions.

So, after most if not all of the rust is gone, what type of paint to I go with? Just rustoleum? Something fancier? A primer? If so, any special type or brand? This is not a living room piece, and I don't intend to carve it. It will live inside of a building. Just want it too look decent, and to secure my more valuable tools when I am not there.

Thanks for the help. If it were dovetailed, I could handle it, but going through a catalog like MSC leaves my head spinning.