Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacements for "iGoogle"

I pretty much have decided not to worry about it. In MacOS, the only time I actually get the iGoogle page is the initial load of the browser. Otherwise, it's a normal "google" page. I only used the gmail and weather plugin and neither is critical to me.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    This is the direction I have been going as well. I have been using my tablet for the basic things like email, news, weather and sports. It is rapidly becoming a non issue for me.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Google home page used to come up with links to maps, news etc. Now I find those links are missing. Did this happen to everybody? Or did it happen just because I signed up for a gmail account? The links are missing even if I don't sign-in to gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    The Google home page used to come up with links to maps, news etc. Now I find those links are missing. Did this happen to everybody? Or did it happen just because I signed up for a gmail account? The links are missing even if I don't sign-in to gmail.
    They kinda hid the links. You need to click on the grid like box next the 'SIGN IN' to get the links.

Pretty much all they have now is Google Plus
    https://plus.google.com/
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have been using http://www.ighome.com/

It behaves almost identical to igoogle

Good luck,
    Michael

I didn't read all of the posts but thought I would add my recent experience with Yahoo. They are changing their home page layout. I have had Yahoo as my home page since it started and have adjusted to their changes but this new change was something that I did not like at all. I looked at it but did not accept it and if I had I would never be able to go back to the home page format that I have been using for quite a while. The changes are probably good for people that are computer literate but the problems caused by these changes actually traumatize older people. I help several of my older friends when they have a computer problem and most of them use Yahoo. I am expecting several phone calls tomorrow when Yahoo gives them a problem getting to their original homepages.
    David B