I know we have some deck builders on the forum, so hopefully you guys can help me avoid a costly mistake. I am blown away by the cost of doing this deck, but I guess everything costs more than you wish it would. I have built the framing for a smallish deck on the side of my colonial. it is the main used entry for most people, so we got sick of using the construction steps that were hanging there for 4 years. it is about 24" off the ground and is about 8' x16' ish, and I am at the point where I am searching for what to do for railings. LOML is looking at using these vinyl or composite railings from the borgs. I figure the cost on this will be around $500-$600 so before i go and buy these lego's, is this a waste of money and will it look like crap? I am not impressed so far with my options...so if anyone has any experience or just an opinion i would love to hear it. BTW...I have vinyl siding on the house or elese I wouldn't even be considering this option. I would post a picture if I could find my camera