Thread: Tuning up the SawStop Saw

Tuning up the SawStop Saw

My wife and I left the country for two years and rented our house. We were fortunate to get good tenants. They wanted to use the space in my shop and thus disassembled my SawStop ICS Saw by taking the top off and storing it. I put it back together today and aligned the miter slots with the blade. That's a pretty easy task.

Reading the manual again, I recalled many other adjustments that can be made, if they are not within specs: Blade Elevation Assembly Alignment, Blade to the Tilt Axis Alignment, Miter Gauge Adjustment. and others. All of these were factory set. Some, such as Miter Gauge Alignment and Rip Fence Alignment should be done when setting up the saw and also from time to time as needed. Other, such as the Blade Elevation Assembly and the tilt axis, can likely be put off until there seems to be a problem. So, my questions are: Has anyone done some of these "more advanced" alignments or checked those alignments to see if there is a problem? What led you to do that? Did you notice a difference afterward?
    Last edited by John Neel; 10-10-2013 at 8:00 PM.

I break my ICS SS into bolts and pieces (well mostly) to take it down to my basement by myself, so that included top, motor, trunnion assembly, etc. So when putting it back together I went through all these adjustments, it's a well thought and designed saw. I had to do it and can't compare it to before. I haven't needed to change it since but I might check the things (after 4 years or so) to see if they are still fine.