Thread: Workshop Flooring?

Workshop Flooring?

I've got a line on some 3/4" A/C fir plywood for $25 a sheet. I was thinking of using it for flooring in my workshop.
    Right now all I have is 1/2" sheathing. I intend to put some 1/4" XPS between the existing sheathing and the new plywood floor.
    Does this sound like a good use of these materials?

Thanks, Bob

Blog Entries
    I used T&G 3/4 plywood for mine. I also added a couple of coats of epoxy paint and have been very happy with it. I would think T&G would be better, but for $25 I would just add a few more screws around the edges.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I used A/C plywood for the floor of my previous shop. It held up well over about 11 years. We just moved and I tore up the floor and turned it into other projects (mostly saw horses). It was no worse for the wear except for some staining. The only thing I would do different if I had it to do again is put a finish on the floors to better protect them.

My new shop is smaller and more hand tool focused. I splurged and put down a hardwood floor in this one.