Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbor Freight Dust Collector Noise Level

Here is some pics of dust collector and garbage can separator. Also some pics of some of the piping on north side and there is more on south side that I didn't take any pics of.

BobDust Collector 001.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gan View Post

Thanks Steve, I really do not understand what you are saying, running a motor with no load, no restrictions at full tilt or not seems would pull less Amps and run cooler all around... Could you explain?
    Alan: Any fan/blower - air mover - does maximum work when totally open to free airflow, i.e., the impeller is open to 'grab' and move all the air it possibly can. It is NOT running at no load! Therefore under that condition it draws MAXIMUM power and is most likely to overload the motor. Manufacturers of finished goods do not normally install motors large enough to handle that 'Open Discharge' load. When a blower is completely closed off - intake & discharge blocked - it will draw it's minimum power, just enough to spin the impeller in it's contained 'plug of air.

The same situation applies to any centrifugal liquid moving device - pump. Mamumum power draw at maximum flow.

In industrial applications (my engineering experience) the piping system is designed first to handle requirements, then a blower or pump is selected to meet the flow needed at the desired pressure, AND FINALLY a motor is selected which has sufficient power output to turn the blower at the rpm needed to achieved the design flow/pressure.
    Last edited by Dick Thomas; 10-14-2013 at 9:10 PM.

Here's one of my setup. The long hose on the floor goes to the table saw.
    I do admit it needs cleaning up of the hoses.

0517001253.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night