Thread: 18 to 23 foot wooden Garvey or Dory plan needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

18 to 23 foot wooden Garvey or Dory plan needed

I would like to build a Garvey or Dory with flat bottom (very little rocker) in wood, I can mill and dry boat lumber here onsite without having to buy plywood and would prefer wood planking construction. Has anyone built one or know where to begin my search for this type of drawings/plans?.
    I edited my post in order to introduce myself as this is my first post and I am new here to Sawmill Creek, I am a wood worker and have been building mostly outdoor projects around my residence and barn etc. I have never built any type of fine woodworking projects or art related woodworking as I have mostly rough type carpentry tools and am devoid of that type of talent. Most of my projects have been out of necessity and when I am finished with a project it is usually to heavy to lift without help just to give you some idea, I am exited to be amongst the talented members in this group and will always try to help with things that fall under my type of work when asked. Thank You for any info regarding my first post here. Rick
    Last edited by Rick McCormick; 10-15-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: introduction needed