Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Widows print driver & control system for chinese machines.

Kay, the software you use is CorelDraw and you send to the laser the same as you used to? also the speed is doubled from 50in. per to 100 in. per. according to there manual they sent, it says its windows driver that works in any format the same as any other print driver, I was given 2 company names that use there system as yet only talked with one, that has converted a Chinese machine, also has American machines. he is very happy, especially with the 256 grey scale abilities of which he has only 8 and 16. so far I am liking what I have heard.

Is that Inches per minute Dan?

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hammerstron View Post
    especially with the 256 grey scale abilities of which he has only 8 and 16.
    I would ask for some clarification on this... I'm assuming he means he can set the power on 256 levels? The ULS has 8 colors for different powers in the same drawing, and you can set 16 different levels based upon a grayscale image for 2.5D work. This is completely different than dithering 256-level grayscale images for photorealstic engravings.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Graphic1.jpgI just talked to Tom Hart, he is the President of the Co. It is a WYCIWYG and works the same as the universal driver from CorelDraw, I have a universal and love it. The 256 greyscale is for 3d carvings for linear output, this is the company that built the controllers for universal up to the quite recently, but if you need proof I am going on his words, he has offered me one to try and I am going to take him up on it, he of course wants a deposit of 25%.

Graphic1.jpgThis Co. made the controllers for ULS up till quite recently according to Thomas Hart the CEO. of Testra, He has offered to let me try this out on my 1390 Keyland laser and I am going to take him up on it.

Are you looking at fitting one to a ULS or retro fitting one to a Chinese laser?

but if you need proof I am going on his words
    I don't have need of proof Dan, I'm not looking at buying one. You asked if they are any good and some doubts have been raised that's all.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Dan, I use AutoCAD 2000i not Coreldraw. Mr. Hart was the person that I dealt with. The hardware is pretty solid but their support after the sale and their claims are not so much. I have never had such an experience with any tech device and I have dealt with most of the major electronics firms. I designed and had my own microcontroller based product for sale for over ten years so I know something about how to deal with hardware/software issues.
    Best of luck in your project. I wish Testra had followed thru on my unit. $2000 was a lot to spend only to be left in the lurch.

Kay
    AerodromeRC
    WWI and Golden Age R/C scale model airplane kits
    25W ULS 25ER, AutoCAD 2000i

I use the times 2 and a 1/2 rule when buying stuff
    2x the running cost quoted by salesmen and 1/2 the feature/performance claims - if it still makes economic sense applying the rule ... then I go for it.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Just had a look at the Keyland machine.

Flying mirror at 100 inches per second isn't happening on that machine. 24 ips maybe for engraving and 8ips for cutting, that machine just isn't built to take the claimed kinetic energy figures. Much like the claims of Chinese lasers cutting 30mm acrylic, in theory it will do it but the end product is going to be a worthless piece of melted plastic.

I know what you mean Rod, the one thing that all laser cutter vendors seem to have is an economical command of the truth.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Flying mirror at 100 inches per second isn't happening on that machine.
    Agreed... I'd bet the shake at the ends of the travel would cause some serious blur in the engraving, assuming they try to turn around fast enough for any real-world speed. Otherwise, they're counting on a lot of overshoot, which means they make 100ips in movement, but the overshoot is so long the engraving time is the equivalent of a 50ips machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Agreed... I'd bet the shake at the ends of the travel would cause some serious blur in the engraving, assuming they try to turn around fast enough for any real-world speed. Otherwise, they're counting on a lot of overshoot, which means they make 100ips in movement, but the overshoot is so long the engraving time is the equivalent of a 50ips machine.
    Good point Dan and the larger overshoot if required will cut down the working area by a fair bit.

cheers

dave
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Good point Dan and the larger overshoot if required will cut down the working area by a fair bit.

cheers

dave
    Well, there's one way around that... just allow the head to slam into the wall on each side 20G accel/decel

Wow, what constructive intelligent posts...gotta be proud.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hammerstron View Post
    Wow, what constructive intelligent posts...gotta be proud.
    It's what is classified as humor here, Dan... interjecting a bit of levity into a potentially soul-crushing tech argument.

ACME pinball laser

Kidding aside, the figures just don't stack up, 0 -100 ips - 0 on a Chinese based machine irrespective of the controller generates some seriously wacky numbers.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !