Thread: new Stubby lathe finally arrived

new Stubby lathe finally arrived

oh boy what a day. i got my Stubby 1000 delivered yesterday, unpacked it, cleaned the gunk off and set it in it's new place.........by myself. i just took a few pieces off and it was ok, but just the base alone is 400 pounds. the whole thing is about 800#. man i love this thing. i did have a few problems to get it running, i had to disconnect the cable from the controller to the motor take some wire mesh off and put it back on, that was today, so i just heard the sound of my new lathe spinning tonight. it's awesome, put a really unbalanced piece on and started the lathe. at around 600rpm i noticed a bit of wobble, the nova only handled something like this at 300 rpm ish.
    the newer stubbys come with a digital readout.

ok, here a few pics of my new love

sascha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Sasha! That is pretty impressive! Congratulations. Looks like a couple hundred years of pure ecstasy!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Wow, Sasha! That looks totally awesome. I can't wait to see product coming off that unit. Yeah, I'd have to say 800# should be substantial enough to absorb most any unbalanced load on the chuck! I'm absolutely positive that you're going to enjoy the heck outta' that spinny thing! Now, let's see some of your gorgeous work coming off that bad boy!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

WOW, color me green with envy. That looks like a great machine! Makes my little jet 1236 look sad. Someday soon I will have to upgrade. I know that you will Love turning on that. Can't wait to see some of your new work!
    Sparky Paessler

Sascha,
    Great looking lathe....I know you will put it to great use! Can't wait to see some of your turnings...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Wow nice engine block..I mean lathe. I spent a few minutes turning on one at a club meeting. It is one sweet machine. I can't wait to see your work on it either.
    John
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Congratulations Sascha! That's a great looking machine. I've only heard about them. Good job getting that thing set up.

Ernie

Congratulations, Sascha! Welcome to the Stubby club!!! Boy...now you have me wishing I sprung for the 1000. That's a sweet machine and the inboard swing is just incredible. Bill did a nice job with the electronics, too...adding the readout is a nice touch. Enjoy!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Moderator, please delete this post because it is causing undue anxiety, stress, and heart palpitations.

Oh, and did I mention envy?
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

hehehehe

thanx guys