Thread: Replacement Multidriver Bits?

Replacement Multidriver Bits?

I have several of those cheapo, Home Depot multidrivers, with worn out bits in them. You know, those screw drivers with the bits that you flip around from phillips to straight-slot. Anyhow, I'd very much like to find replacement bits for them so that I don't have to dump the entire driver, just because it has a worn out bit. I've looked on line, but can really only find the type of bits that fit into screw guns...hope you know what I mean. Those don't fit the multidrivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    I have several of those cheapo, Home Depot multidrivers, with worn out bits in them. You know, those screw drivers with the bits that you flip around from phillips to straight-slot. Anyhow, I'd very much like to find replacement bits for them so that I don't have to dump the entire driver, just because it has a worn out bit. I've looked on line, but can really only find the type of bits that fit into screw guns...hope you know what I mean. Those don't fit the multidrivers.
    Try Harbor Freight and the assorted comparable low-ball tool places. Also, a real good tool store will sometimes have the double ended bits. The bigger problem is that the double ended bits come in a variety of form factors. Some have thicker than 1/4" main bodies, some have a detent ball, some are 1/4" hex straight through without thickening, lengths may vary, etc...
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.