Thread: Pull Toy from Richard Raffan's New Book

Pull Toy from Richard Raffan's New Book

Richard Raffan has a new book out, Turning Toys which I just got. A pull toy like this is one of the projects in his book.

I really like his books because he provides such good detailed explanation on what, why and how of turning. So I saw this project and just had to make one for my youngest grand daughter, Poet, 2 1/2 years old. The body is Bradford pear, the tail is walnut and the wheels are osage orange. Finish is Mylands friction polish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God is great and life is good!

Very cool toy Mike. I like doing functional projects. Well done, and how was the book?

Nice work! Somehow Amazon hadn't tried to tell me about the book, despite my buying and browsing there. Looks interesting, and I have a 6-year old grandson.

cool..........

Does he have any toys that are noisy and annoying? I love giving those types of toys to new parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bukovec View Post
    Does he have any toys that are noisy and annoying? I love giving those types of toys to new parents.
    You are a bad person. :P
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Mike, I agree on the quality of the books that Raffan puts out. The pictures are top notch, and he spends a good amount of time explaining techniques. I'll have to take a look at this latest, no grandkids (or kids for that matter) myself, but friends for whom making toys is a great pleasure.

JT