Thread: Delta 31-484 Spindle Sander

Delta 31-484 Spindle Sander

When Delta brought out the 31-484 spindle sander, I was very interested except for the price.
    I noticed recently that several dealers have dropped the price of the sander by several hundred dollars, so I started taking another look.

Last night I was on the internet looking for more information on it. I ended up on the Delta website. I clicked on the parts page for the sander &
    discovered that many parts are listed as out of stock & some major parts are listed as no longer available.

Anyone heard anything about this sander?

Hi Chris

I bought a used Delta 31-396 Edge Sander from an estate sale just over a year ago. At that time Delta still sold this model of sander, they have since discounted this sander and I found the same thing as you that lots of parts where no longer available. I needed a tin dust collection door that had been lost, I ended up making one out of plywood.

Looking at the Delta website it looks like there are lots of parts for their Unisaws that are also no longer available.

Delta isn't making the sander anymore. I imagine the parts situation won't improve.