Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new workshop

Tobias

What do you mean "never again"? I need you to move to Indiana so I can have you do some of your woodworking for my new house. You work is beautiful and do look forward to seeing photo's of your work as well as any tips you have. I also just moved and my workshop is a mess. I am building a house and have house stuff in the workshop along with my tools. I am still on "sawpost" electricity. Took more time to get barely functional than I imaged. I truly know what you mean by "never again"

Bill

Hi William, thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I was in Indiana in 95 on business in Elkhardt. Its a beautiful state. You are really lucky to live there. I wish you the very best of luck with your house building. It looks like it will be a while before I get down to furniture again,,,my first job will be four full multi-pane sash windows for the bench room to go with the rest of the house. I figured out today that we have an artificial waterfall that falls into the swimming pool just outside the bench rooms new windows, waterfall and indigenous evergreen trees a few metres from my workbench! I can live with that!! Temperature today 35 degrees C, pool water 28 degrees C..... My its tough living in Africa
    Best regards
    Tobias

Tobias, I made a list of things I like and dislike about my workshop. The list is located here.

Good luck.
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

Hi Marty, Thanks for the list, its excellent. i opted for the windows at the bench area because I want as much natural light s possible at the bench itself.I believe that I have sufficient wall space because of the Bench and Assembly Room being separate from the entire machine room. The only machinery that will be in the above room will be the vacuum press and pump, scroll saw, Tormek sharpening systems, hotplate for sand shading veneers and for hide glue and battery drill charging stations. The bench room will be fully reticulated for air and 220VAC. I am also putting four dual plug floor mount 220vac receptacles in for the main bench and assembly tables
    Cheers
    Tobias

Blog Entries
    Welcome Tobias. Congrats on the next evolutionary step in your work space. It will be a pleasure to "ride along" with you on this effort.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Hi Glenn. Many thanks. Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful festive season.

Here are a few pics of the birth of the fourth incantation of my Bench and Assembly Room. Still too much stored here pending the completion of the Machine Room. Slowly taking shape. Xmas day will be spent painting the walls.
    IMG_8318.jpgIMG_8319.jpgIMG_8320.jpgIMG_8321.jpgIMG_8322.jpgIMG_8323.jpgIMG_8328.jpgIMG_8331.jpg

Her are a few pics of the space that will become the Machine Room. At present used for storage and overflow. Yes, the trees have been removed!
    IMG_8157.jpgIMG_8159.jpgIMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8246.jpgIMG_8336.jpgIMG_8168.jpgIMG_8229.jpgIMG_8219.jpgIMG_8268.jpgIMG_8174.jpgIMG_8228.jpg
    Here are a few pics of the beginnings of sorting out the garden, this is a real mission but with wonderful rewards. Hidden in the undergrowth are some truly beautiful plants.
    Last edited by Tobias Lochner; 12-25-2013 at 2:04 AM.

Hi. This morning, I took delivery of my xmas present to myself. Sonja got a new house and I got a Woodepecker SuperFence and a Woodpecker Coping Sled for my router table. These guys do make serious kit! They are definitely in the same class as Incra Tools. They were really easy to assemble and adjustment were a breeze. They also are beautifully finished. Although Woodpecker products are generally expensive in USD and frightening so in South African Rands, These two item compare extremely favourably with other products in more expensive price ranges. Now I am waiting on delivery of a matched set of CMT sash window router bits and I can start on the last process of making the muntins and mullions of the four windows for the bench room and the four windows for the kitchen. The workshop build is going slower than I anticipated due to delays in getting plans approved through the Heritage Building organisations and government departments.
    Last edited by Tobias Lochner; 02-01-2014 at 6:46 AM.

Hi, Been working myself nutty....here are some more pics of the restoration and the workshop build......IMG_8786.jpgIMG_8789.jpgIMG_8790.jpgIMG_8817.jpgIMG_8818.jpgIMG_8819.jpgIMG_8820.jpgIMG_8810.jpg