Thread: Delta Lathe Duplicator

Delta Lathe Duplicator

Does anyone know if any Delta Lathe Duplicators come up for sale as used anywhere. I've checked ebay but have never seen any. I hate to pay more for a duplicator than what the lathe itself cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Davis View Post
    Does anyone know if any Delta Lathe Duplicators come up for sale as used anywhere. I've checked ebay but have never seen any. I hate to pay more for a duplicator than what the lathe itself cost.
    Your lucky day: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ght=duplicator

You even just got luckier - go buy this month's ShopNotes magazine (issue #132) and on page 28, you will find plans on building your own duplicator. They feature it using a home made cutter, but I'm sure you can modify the plans to accept your own gouges or skews. With the price of the magazine and hardware (you probably already have the wood in your scrap pile), I bet you can build this for under $20.

That Shopnotes project is pretty close to identical to my Shopsmith duplicator...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie LeBlanc View Post
    You even just got luckier - go buy this month's ShopNotes magazine (issue #132) and on page 28, you will find plans on building your own duplicator. They feature it using a home made cutter, but I'm sure you can modify the plans to accept your own gouges or skews. With the price of the magazine and hardware (you probably already have the wood in your scrap pile), I bet you can build this for under $20.