Thread: xmas ornament stands

xmas ornament stands

anybody have a source for xmas ornament stands, low cost that is, i can find plenty at $8.98 for one

2. Bronners has lots of different stands with prices that start at a couple bucks.

Last edited by Bill Hensley; 11-07-2013 at 6:55 AM. Reason: Link was dead

Why not make your own. You can buy the wire ornament stand and turn your own base. You can get them in 3" to 6" at: http://www.choice-woods.com/index.ph...ory&path=64_42

I've made my own before. I just turn a spindle for the arched piece, and steam bend it. It's a lot more fragile than the wire, but I like the look.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Ah. I knew I'd posted a picture of it. Just had to remember the right words...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=boiled

Now this is a prototype, so of course subsequent models were a bit more graceful.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

thanks for web sites Bruce and Bill, sure better prices

thanks for the suggestion Bill and Jim, yall might provide the prod that i need , i like you steam bent stand Jim, but do not like fragile

maybe tinker toy type, have to see what it looks like........maybe brass welding rods.....so many possibilites, so little talent

Brass acetylene welding rods, make your own, buy the 3/32" size, they come in 36" lengths, 5 pound packs. You can make them all brass or turn a wood base for the bent wire.

+1 on Bronners, I ordered several few weeks ago for I think 2.99 each for 10" stands. Received them in just a few days after ordering.
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006