Thread: Grizzly Cyclone Review - ...two or three strong helpers...

Grizzly Cyclone Review - ...two or three strong helpers...

If you have been following this saga, you might recall the page in the manual that I posted that made reference to having an NFL lineman or three around when you begin to put this thing together. Sort of a variation on "Don't try this at home (unless you live with really large people)".

I figured that, at best, I would end the day with all of the smaller parts and most of, if not all, of the large and very heavy parts at least tarped over for the night. Since I had long since torn away the outer packaging, I was left with the spectre of leaving the blower and motor assembly exposed to the night in the back of the same trailer that had held it for the better part of 24 hours.

As it turned out, I called upon years of staring at things that don't seem to want to get where I want them to be until something emerged. While I won't go into all the trial and error details, I will say that I got everything unloaded and generally bolted together. As the photo will show, all I really need now are enough people to lift Shaquille O"Neal from a dead sleep (actually, since he has "slimmed down" the Grizzly probably has him by several pounds).

The unit went together rather easily compared to how much effort it took to get everything from the trailer into the shop. It seems as though the stand package provides nuts and bolts that replicate what comes with the cyclone alone. I have quite a few fasteners left over, but every hole seems to be filled with something shiney so I'm sure I haven't overlooked anything. Getting the stand mounts lined up would have been much easier with even a small person around. Still, where there is a will...

The calls go out tomorrow for muscle. Reminds me of the "Moving Song" by Loudan Wainwright III, "...call up some of my stronger buddies, that's what strong bddies are for...".

The photo is a bit sad looking because it gives the impression that the cyclone fell down and can't get up. In fact, that's half right, it just hasn't fallen down.

I might even get it wired tomorrow.

...Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done Bob. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Awakening the Grizz

Great write up, this cyclone is on my short list for the next dust collector so I’m following your setup/review closely.

Sorry I can’t be around to help you awaken the Grizz.

Effie

Efie...

I had a visit from my neighbor and his son. We popped that sucker right on up. Now it's off to get ductwork. It's interesting to find how few quality options there are locally for metal stuff.

...Bob