Bob,

Hope I am not too late......I recommend that you not paint it at all. I have had an unpainted Advantech floor for about three years and am glad that I did not paint it. I agree that a newly painted floor is nicer looking than the unpainted Advantech. The "pretty" factor fades fairly quickly through wear and spills so you have to repaint it to keep up the appearance. A painted floor is more slippery especially if there is sawdust or shavings on the floor. A friend who helped me put in my floor put one in his shop and painted it so I have had experience with both. IMHO, the painted floor has no practical advantage over non-painted and has the distinct safety issue with traction. Wouldn't it be better to spend time building something rather than caring for a shop floor?

Also, In my experience the Advantech is good at holding screws. I have 7/8" flooring (it was only about $2 more per sheet than the 3/4 when I purchased) and have screwed cleats into the floor and then attached a come-along to the cleats which was used to drag a 1,000 pound cabinet out of the back of my van. The screws held just fine. Later I unfastened the cleats and because the floor is unpainted it is difficult to find the screw holes where the cleat was fastened.