Thread: Ridgid 12" SCMS...thought and opinions?

Ridgid 12" SCMS...thought and opinions?

My old dewalt dw705 is nearing its life expectancy after about 12 years and lots of lumber.

I see that HD is going to have their 12" scms for $400 on Black Friday. Any thoughts, opinions or experience with this particular saw?

Don't know about Rigid. One option I'll make sure all my future SCMS have is the LED light that shadows the blade and makes a perfect cut line. It saves me a ton of time when cutting crown and lumber on site (away from my stops and tables). Reduces my recutting and shaving-the-line by 100%. Food for thought.
    -Lud

I own it and love it. You can find a lot of reviews that says it does not cut straight, I have found this problem unfounded. My guess is they are just trying to cut as fast as they can push the saw. I tested the cut on 2" hard maple, 12" wide board. 100% accurate. I would buy it again without question.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

The point about light shadowing blade is some would like. laser on my 12" rigid non slider sucks.

I used saws that have the laser. Horrible. Cool thing about shadows, they don't lie.
    -Lud

Mine has been good.