Hello, I'm new to this forum, been reading it for a while, but this is my first time posting. I've seen some very nice projects on here and you guys seem to be experts at this, so I figure you will know what I am doing wrong.

I am working on a design for a mission-style sideboard that I plan on making using red oak. I'm designing in sketchup and the picture shows what I have so far for the carcass. It is my intention to use Solid Oak, and also Oak-veneer plywood (3/4), which is the more yellow color in the picture. I will be using mortise and tennon joints for the mission style parts on the bottom, and I will likely use pocket screws on parts that will not be visible from the outside .

The question I have is, how would I attach the plywood to the solid wood frames? I'm worried about the expansion/contraction of the solid wood pieces. They are 1x3s. Legs I plan on using 2x2s. Length of the sideboard is about 50". The second picture is what I'm roughly trying to duplicate. Is there a different way I should be making the ends? I've only made one real piece of mission stile furniture, but it was an end table and had no plywood.

Thanks for any advice!

sideboard.jpgHallway Cabinet.jpg