Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I was going to visit a Lee Valley

If I was going to visit a Lee Valley

Thinking about a trip to Toronto some time. We'd go by London on the way to Toronto, might come home via Niagara Falls. Which is the "best" location to visit, or are they all about the same?

Don't know which is best but there's one along the route from Niagara Falls to Detroit. Stopped at that one on our last trip to New England. If I remember you barely had to get off the highway.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Hi Matt, there are 3 in Toronto, one in the west end, one downtown, and one in the eastend.

The west and east stores are similar, the one downtown is in an old buliding with exposed beams and hardwood floors.

I haven't been to the west store in awhile, I live near the east store and it's larger than the downtown one...........Regards, Rod.

We have two near me and they are both basically the same. Kinda like MacDonalds only better.LOL

I have only shopped at the London store so I can't comment on the rest. It's easy to get to, off the 401 a few miles on Veterans parkway, a 50 mph road so won't take long, turn left onto Oxford st, it's on the right a few hundred ft . I would say they are probably the same. Most items on display, you write the # of the item you want on a page / clipboard, hand that in at the counter and they fill your order from the stock room in back.
    Last edited by Bryan Cowing; 11-19-2013 at 7:29 PM.

The Burlington and London locations would be the easist to get to from the 400 series highways. All stores are pretty similar.

I've only been to the Halifax location, but I mentioned to the salesperson that I was visiting from Cleveland and made a special point to visit the store, and she quickly arranged for a tour of the back of the store. Not all that much to see, given it was pretty much a neat, well organized warehouse, but it impressed me that they would make the effort and take the time. Just confirmed my overall opinion of LV... So let them know you made a special trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fournier View Post
    The Burlington and London locations would be the easist to get to from the 400 series highways. All stores are pretty similar.
    Toronto east store is one block north of the 401 on Morningside which is an exchange on the 401...........Hard to beat

Can we get a tour from the Mayor? Could be entertaining. Not like he has anything else to do right now.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

The Burlington store is just off the QEW. It's nice store. Big too.

The downtown store doesn't feel very focused to me. Parking's a pain in Toronto. And the parking police move FAST.

The east end end store has the advantage of being just north of the 401. It's the second last exit before you're in the next city.

That leaves the west end store. My favourite. Well organized. Knowledgeable staff. Displays that make sense. I like it the best of all of them. Or can you guess that.

HTH.

Howard
    Howard Rosenberg

We'd probably stay by the airport so the east store is close. If we left in the evening to get a jump on the trip we'd probably stay around London so that's an option too. I was at the London store but 10 years ago. Barely remember it actually.

Magellan speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Toronto east store is one block north of the 401 on Morningside which is an exchange on the 401...........Hard to beat
    The OP is coming from Michigan and may return via Niagara Falls. Going to the far east of Toronto, well Scarborough really, seems pointless and in fact cruel given traffic in the GTA. Matt come to Waterloo and see us there. My shop is a block away, we have a Walmart, Target and Tim Hortons also a block away. Joke intended.

Truthfully if you come this way you need to check out A&M Wood Specialty in Cambridge which is 4 minutes from the highway - wood selection to die for. This would be the highlight of your trip.

Don't bother with the one in Ogdensburg, NY, I tried that once many years ago. It's only a shipping location.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fournier View Post
    Tim Hortons also a block away.
    Isn't that true of pretty much any location in Canada?

Let's see.......If I were going to visit Lee Valley, I'd have to get a second mortgage.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.