Thread: Caveat Emptor re: Identification Plates Inc.; Mesquite,TX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Caveat Emptor re: Identification Plates Inc.; Mesquite,TX

I recently placed an order for 10 - 2" X 3.5" X .025" satin black anodized aluminum business / membership card plates with 1/4" radius corners. The internet order mechanism snapped up my order without telling me the total and charge it to my account. The total for the ten plates came to .82¢ each. Total order for plates was $8.20. OK - so far so good. I even got an email telling me the net order was $8.20. I'm thinking, USPS flat rate around $5 and change for a total of about $15.00. - Now comes the bend over and take it part.

The total for shipping and handling via UPS was $13.25! So now the total is $2.20 per plate instead of .82¢. Total cost of 10 anodized plates came to $22.05.

I called the company and was told "that's just the way we do things." I told them I tried to find out about shipping prior to order but the internet took my money and blew me off when I pushed the order button, and the site gave me no way to check on my particular total order prior to purchase. I told them they could have shipped it to me USPS flat rate for circa $5.00 and was told by customer service I should have worked that out prior to my purchase. If you all visit their site, you'll find out if you order something.

Bottom line, unlike most businesses whose customers come first, this place does not have the interests of its customers upon whom they rely on for their livelihood. No mention was made of crediting my account or even broaching the issue on their part. I asked, but I guess the order was small potatoes so their approach IMHO was, well you know........................

Even their paper work smells funny. And I have the copies to prove it. Shipping date 11/19/2013 as per their invoice. But the rubber stamp marking the invoice Paid is dated 11-20-13. So tell me how an invoice gets marked paid and gets back into the invoice envelope sent out a day earlier.

I'm not calling for any kind of boycott, all I'm saying is that it me off to the point of me advising all of you to call the place on the phone first and discuss purchase and shipping option and avoid internet orders. And I know for a fact that USPS will not only deliver the small flat rate boxes free, but will also pick them up from the supplier and deliver them to the consumer. I was told they have to physically go to the post office and mail them if USPS Priority mail is used. Uh....... did they have to physically go to UPS and mail them or did UPS come to them.

Dear ID Plates - call me! You have my number! Put me in charge of shipping because someone there is apparently, again IMHO, not on the ball. They didn't fumble the ball, they spiked it into the ground!!

So everyone have a nice day! I feel better now knowing I might have saved one of you from and exorbitant system that in my case almost tripled the cost of goods.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 11-25-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: language
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.