Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday/Cyber Monday tool purchases

Black Friday/Cyber Monday tool purchases

Who here got a deal on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday tool purchase? Anyone purchase a Jet or Powermatic on sale?

Went to Rockler this morning. Got a $10 gift card for my trouble. Bought a 6" ss ruler, some painters pyramids, and some damage screw extractors for $5 out of pocket.

Passed HD on the way on my way home and picked up one of the 20" work platforms for $17, Bosch spade bits for $5, and a 6 pack of Irwin quick clamps for $13.

I didn't really see any screaming deals this year.

Blog Entries
    Not much tool-wise this year... picked up a Makita cordless combo set (hammer drill, saw, multi-tool, etc.), but that's pretty much it for the tools.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Went to Rockler this morning. Got a $10 gift card for my trouble. Bought a 6" ss ruler, some painters pyramids, and some damage screw extractors for $5 out of pocket.

Passed HD on the way on my way home and picked up one of the 20" work platforms for $17, Bosch spade bits for $5, and a 6 pack of Irwin quick clamps for $13.

I didn't really see any screaming deals this year.
    I seemed to have followed your path. Went first to Rockler and used the 20% coupon on a new Freud Super Dado set. Bought a couple of the cookie sets on sale, and a depth meter. Went to the depot and got the Bosch spade bits and Milwaukee drill bits. They were out of the Sawsaw blades.

Nothing great at all out there. It's a good time for the Jet/Powermatic sale, but it's best to have those shipped to you free from someone out of state so no taxes are involved. Might consider the Rigid sander that everyone seems to like.

Oh, almost forgot the used tool I purchased from an old farmer out in the country, but it's old and used. The old guy called it a pattern maker's vise made by a company named Emmert. Probably paid too much for it at $50, but it's all there and seems to work well.

Rich,are you serious about the vise ? Congratulations!

Jet 24" clamps are $25 at amazon. Sold by ACME.

Picked up a few.

MK

Bought a set of wheels for my 67 Volvo Amazon wagon.

I do haul tools in it sometimes.........

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Rich,are you serious about the vise ? Congratulations!
    Mel,

The farmer listed it on the Internet as "old vise, $50." It's sitting in the back of the truck bed and night time, but here are a couple pictures taken to show you. It's sure a hefty vise. Do you know anything about these vises? The farmer said it could likely sell for more than he charged. If I don't like it, let's hope so....

Side.jpgFront.jpg

I don't think it's what you need . I'm bringing you a check for a HUNDRED DOLLARS ( U.S.). I m leaving as soon as the 'copter gets here. If you are serious you got a great deal ,if you are joking ...your sense of humor is weirder than MINE !!

I bought a Li-ion 20V DeWalt drill - special at HD. I have two older DeWalt 18V drills and they're heavy as heck. As I got older, they put on weight, so I appreciate the lighter Li-ion tool.

I have a bunch of other DeWalt tools that are 18V, however.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    I don't think it's what you need . I'm bringing you a check for a HUNDRED DOLLARS ( U.S.). I m leaving as soon as the 'copter gets here. If you are serious you got a great deal ,if you are joking ...your sense of humor is weirder than MINE !!
    Most here would tell you I have no sense of humor. Guess it's a good deal. Prefer old tools to new ones on most days, including today. According to the Internet this is a K1 Emmert, Type U3--an uncommon type. Hope it doesn't break if it's uncommon. Purchased to so that my father who's a professional artist can use it to carve when he's here. He's 83 and still active in the hobby.

Well,there is lots of info on line about them. Asking prices are all over the place because someone who has one sees an ad where one is for sale for 800 or so, so they run an ad for the one they have. I doubt any actually bring that much ,but you got a great deal. Enjoy !

I would think I'd learn. I ordered a set of parallel guides last week for my Festool track saw from an accessories supplier named Seneca Woodworking. Today saw the Black Friday sale they have for 20% off. Oh well, glad to help the little guys prosper (by keeping that $40 that could have been mine ...) and besides -- I got them today, so I can start using them.

Amazon has the Dewalt DW735X planer setup for $469 with prime shipping, crazy good price. (I would add a Byrd head in the future) Planer is sitting in my Amazon cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet. My current issue is space, I have none leftover. Boat project has forced me to shove things in every nook and cranny.