Thread: Saw Stop ICS Fence Face Replacement

Saw Stop ICS Fence Face Replacement

The face on my Saw Stop ICS table saw is not "flat", which has caused some issues with certain blades. In addition, I had a misshap that caused a board to make a slight gouge in the face. At any rate, I need to replace the stock face. So, I'm wondering I anyone else has replaced their fence face, and if so, what material they used? I am considering:
    -Phenolic face Baltic birch plywood
    -MDF with shellac and wax finish

thanks

Laminated MDF is probably the best affordable choice.

Id call and have SS send you new ones. Betting it will be free.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

That probably wont fix it, it seems to be an inherent problem. I use 2 sawstops at work, both have this issue, both fences, both sides. I saw a thread somewhere (not sure if it was here) where this was discussed at length. My suggestion is use a piece of good stable qsawn wood, jointed flat. If it wears or becomes un-flat later, take it off and joint it again. The PM200 in my home shop had the same issues. It's fence faces were made of that plastic stuff... cant remember the acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Richardson View Post
    It's fence faces were made of that plastic stuff... cant remember the acronym.
    UHMW, perhaps? White, slick, stable, and easy to keep clean.
    Last edited by Danny Thompson; 12-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Yea, that's it! The stuff wanted to curl slightly at each end, drove me crazy. Couldn't adjust for it no mater what I did.