Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to do in Baltimore?

Talking

Jonathan, Stephan and Keith. You guys highlighted a lot of my favorite spots. When someone asks where to go and what to see I often overlook the spots you guys suggested. If my schedule was not as tight as it is I would have tried to meet up with Tony and show him around. Two of my nephews own a seafood resturaunt and I have Club level seats at Camden Yards. I am honoring some promises I made to the local Boy Scout camp as well as family obligations and need to keep my schedule clear for a month or so due to more surgery on my knee. If anyone is coming to town and looking for tickets or info send a PM.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Antwarg
    Now, I have lived in the Baltimore area most of my life, and I didn't know that snowballs were a Baltimore thing. What's the difference between snawballs and what everyone else has?
    Stefan - I would say the difference between a snowball and other ice-type deserts is texture of the ice and the toppings. I am always surprised as to how many people have no idea what I am talking about when I mention snowballs. They'll say "Do you mean a snocone?" or "Is that shaved ice?".

I could go into it further, but here is an article on the snowball that does a great job: http://citypaper.com/bob/story.asp?id=8153
    Jonathan P. Szczepanski
    ========================================

Thanks for the link. I guess I have just never noticed a lack of snowballs in other parts of the country. I also didn't know that duckpins were exclusive to Md. That's about the only way I have evr bowled.

But that article reminded men that I forgot to mention in my original post to buy a box of Berger Cookies. How could I forget!!! I am even planning on bringing a box or 2 to my friend who lives in Belgium - he is originally from Md. If any of you are ever driving through, just stop at a grocery store and find yourself a box of Berger Cookies. Trust Me!

edit: I just learned you can buy them online - http://www.bergercookies.com/

Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan Antwarg; 06-13-2005 at 5:12 PM.

I was down there today and wouldn't you know it, but the place we went for lunch DIDN'T serve crab cakes! Sheesh!! I gotta train these account teams to better accomodate my culinary needs...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...