Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love it when all you have to do is make it round

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Very nice and congrats, Maria. If you don't mind me asking, what did you sell the bowl for. A lot of us that sell like to know what others around the country are getting for their bowls...as a comparison. Granted, markets are different, and venues determine price points, too...
    Thanks Mike, all those considerations were in play, plus these were really in "seconds" condition to my eyes. The fair is at work, the attendees are mostly administrative staff or lower and students who "know where you live", so to speak. And they come back for more every year and occasionally make a special order. So with that, the highest price was $50. Had I had time for a flawless finish and no stray tool marks it might have been double, but it also likely wouldn't sell. "Those" pieces, when i have them, are for consignment. Hope that helps.
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Maria - congrats on all your sales! That sure is one pretty bowl - so someone out there has a big smile on their face!! Nice work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Is that a crack in the side? Do you fill it? I get worried about them continuing to the center of the blank over the years, so those go to family. I'd be afraid to sell it. Congratulations on the sale, beautiful wood!

Some great looking wood and good looking bowls. The wood is really gorgeous and I note that not only is it Ambrosia'd but also spalted, nice.

"The best things in life are not things."

Thanks, Maria. Yeah, $50 is fairly low. But as you said, if it wasn't finished as it could have been, then maybe that wasn't all bad. Finished flawlessly, $100 sounds about right. Glad you sold just about everything. Nice feeling, huh?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Nice! Incredible grain. Nicely done
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

At $50, the buyer got a heck of a deal on a very fine piece.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON