Thread: Color Mapping on Trotec Speedy 1

Color Mapping on Trotec Speedy 1

Anyone doing color mapping on an old Trotec Speedy 1.

That is, to use the different colors to engrave objects in order (Black- Engrave object 1 first, Blue - engrave object 2 next, Green - engrave object 3 next, etc)

I tried the above method and everything engraved at the same time as though I used one color for all objects.

It must be a setting, but unsure what setting it would be.

Any assistance please.

Thanks,

Pete
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

I just go to the parameters and turn one color on at a time. Only the selected color will appear in WYSIWYG, the others will be hidden (not engraved) in the job view and thus will be engraved. Reset colors and rerun job for all colors required.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Thanks for the reply Mark - That is a solution, but there must be able to have all colors that will be engraved turned on at the same time and the machine should only do one color at a time. When it finishes engraving all objects with Black in them, for example, it should go on to the next color that is selected for engraving.

And the reason I am doing this, by the way, is that I am doing several large, full bed engravings with a lot of white space between the items to be engraved. I am trying to save time by not having the engraving head travel from one side of the table to the other with nothing to engrave in the middle of the table.

I think I read something about unchecking the Grayscale button to do what I want. I will try that today.

Thanks, Pete
    Last edited by Peter Meacham; 12-19-2013 at 8:21 AM.
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

I believe unchecking the grayscale button will solve your problem. That is a guess as I use just 2 colors for my work.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Not sure if this applies to a Trotec machine, but on the Epilog lasers the color mapping works only on vectorcutting as you described. When rastering the machine just uses different powers on different colors and rasters them all at the same time, whilst on vector mode, the machine cuts different colored vector one color at a time.
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

Thanks for the replies.

Checking the Grayscale Off button did the trick.

I can selectivity raster (or vector cut/engrave) with the full Trotec pallet of colors, I think there are 10 or more colors.