Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to John Keeton! Feature article

Congratulations to John Keeton! Feature article

Congratulations to JK!

Today's issue of the local paper (Lexington Herald-Leader) has a major interview/profile article on John and his work -- the entire front page of the second section and half of the next page. The interviewer did a good job, including photo captions with details on each piece. Text and photos at:

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/12/17/2...yer-turns.html

The Southwest style form made of butternut wood with a maple collar was featured at the top of the article. Nine photos were in the print version; there are a couple further photos on the website.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. John is very talented and its nice to see him continuing his passion.

John does lovely work. His years of working with wood really shows up in his turnings and fine finishes. He is also a great host if you ever get to visit with him. Allan
    C&C WELCOME

That is a nice spread. Congratulations, John! I'll bet that reporter thinks you cleaned up the shop just for him. I really enjoyed seeing your work in the photos and experiencing it from the perspective of the journalist, who I assume is not a turner. He would be even more awed if he were.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

Congratulations John. Nice article and you work is excellent indeed.

Take Care and Enjoy Life...

Well deserved, John!

David

Congratulations John! Very nice article.
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

Congratulations John.

Congrats on the recognition, John. Always nice to see someone I know get noticed!

Speaking of noticed..... Are you missing a pony tail now???
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Congratulations, John. Very nice article.

John,

I'll add my congratulations to this growing list. Its great to see craftsmanship and creativity acknowledged by the press, it doesn't happen very often.

Thanks to all for the kind words! And, yes, Scott, the ponytail is history!

I was very surprised to get a request from the columnist asking to interview me. I live a pretty bland existence, but IMO, he did a good job with the little bit of material he had!

Thanks, again!

13. Well..........if somebody is going to soak up the ink.......at least it is for a nice person and a very artful craft! I wish the media would do more human interest stories like this one on good citizens ........seems like most of what you hear from the media is nothing but bad news!

Great write-up John........your work is standout and you represent the arts community in a very positive way.........congratulations are definitely in order!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congratulations. So why did you lose the ponytail? Showed distinction in my view.

Thanks, Roger! Terry, the ponytail was suffering from my thinning hair and was getting shorter instead of longer. That, and it was just too much hassle.