Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to John Keeton! Feature article

congratulations John, we all admire your work even if it is shiny........looking back on just a couple table legs........if you got any cracked slabs of walnut i am a buyer at my price......

What a fine article, John. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. 14 grandchildren? Now I'm jealous.
    faust

Congratulations, John!!
    I had the pleasure to meet John at the Arts Center in Berea and to see his work at the same time in early October. The pictures we've all seen of his work are terrific but to see them in a gallery setting....Wow!!!

Very nice and well written article and wow, the pictures are fantastic. Beautiful and very original work. Congrats.
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

You folks are just kind! Thanks.

Congrats, John! A long way from turning utility pieces for your flat work. :-)

"The best things in life are not things."

Thanks Robert for bringing this to our attention. Very nice write up.

I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting him but I’m glad John is part of the leadership of this forum, I think we are better because of it!

Jay

Great article John and what fantastic examples the write showed. I am very, very, very impressed. The other question is how do you keep your lathe so clean and your shop spotless. If that were my shop, it would have meant that I would have spent weeks getting it to look half that good.
    Keep up the great work.
    Steve

Hey, I remember when that John Keeton guy used to post pictures of his stuff on this forum!

Congratulations Mr. Keeton!

Congratulations John! Well done and you deserve the recognition.
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Nobody deserves recognition as much as you do John, from sketch to final buff, a complete package. A very heartfelt congratulations is in order and thanks for the years of inspiration.

Congratulations, It's nice to see people get recognized!

Whatever skills I have are due in large part to the tutelage of others here on the creek. This site is a treasure trove of information provided by a bunch of selfless folks. Thanks to all of you.

Curt, I am somewhat apologetic about no longer posting my work, but my energies have been redirected. Besides, you and others are equally as skilled and easily fill the gap!

Congrats, John - well deserved! When I need a Keeton fix I just go to johnkeeton.com, thewebsite is looking great also.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Congratulations John - very nice article and well deserved recognition. It still amazes me how clean you keep your shop. Happy Holidays!