Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop vac or Harbor Freight 1hp dust collector? w/ dust deputy

i have an ebay cyclone love it .to answer the question get both . if you go the vac route get the ridged ,for 100$ you can buy a big,much less loud model .if i read the question right- the dust deputy you have with a vac would not work the same with dust collector .

Hi guys. I just picked up the small plastic pail dust deputy and am looking for pictures of other portable shop vac systems that guys have put together in one unit. I have an extra set of caster I am just dying to use! Also I am looking for threads where guys have converted older 1100-1200 scfm dust collectors ie steel city, jet etc into dual stage cyclonic systems. My shop is in the basement so height is a limiting factor. I just saw that Laguna 110v unit that looks really nice but really want to make use of what I have already.
    Last edited by Paul Williams 53072; 01-04-2014 at 3:03 PM. Reason: Typo
    Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge.

Here are a couple of pics of my Dust Deputy / Shop Vac combo. I found the plans on the internet. It works great!

Dust Deputy 3.jpgDust Deputy 4.jpg

I've built the same one as John and it is a huge improvement over dragging the shop vac and dust deputy around only connected by a hose. Tip over city!