Thread: Trouble with Long Ranger Dust Collector Switch

Trouble with Long Ranger Dust Collector Switch

I've had a Long Ranger remote control switch for my dust collector for over 10 years. Up until recently it worked flawlessly. Recently, I would hear an occasional beeping noise from it. That seemed odd, but it wasn't a problem. Now, when I push the button it beeps, but the DC does not start. I tried reprogramming it, but nothing changed.

Has anyone had the same problem, or better yet, does anyone know how I can fix it!

Thanks!
    Charlie
    Jack-Bench
    Adjustable Height Workbench Plans

I had the same problem. I talked to a fellow at Penn State Tools I think his name was Bill

Oddly enough I just repaired mine today. A couple of months ago the remote quit working so I took the battery cover off to find the orginal chinese battery was still in it after 10 years.So I replaced it and it worked pretty well up until this morning. The remote appeared to still be working fine so i proceeded to take the controller apart. My attitute in these cases is "it isn't working anyway so I can make it any worse" Anyway what I found was that a wire had come loose from the circuit board so I soldered in back on and now it works like a charm.

Good luck.

I wanted to let you know this turned out. I took Allan's advise and called Penn State. They had never heard of the exact problem of the unit beeping, but they said it was obviously malfunctioning. They offered to send me a re-manufactured replacement for a very fair price. It arrived in less than a week and it worked perfectly. I am pretty impressed with the customer service at Penn State, after all this thing was over 10 years old.
    Jack-Bench
    Adjustable Height Workbench Plans

I have one, but could never get it to work with my 1.5 hp delta dust collector. It just clicks. Works for other devices but not for the dc. Figured it was a startup amp thing.