Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Shop in the New Home!!! (Long)

Great looking shop, Jason. I'll bet the California sun and air will have you missing the Indiana winters before you realize it. May your new church experience/home/shop/ be all you expect and more!
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tuinstra
    Nope. The garage door is windowless. But the three 8 foot lights I have in there combined with the white walls makes for a very bright work environment when the door is closed.
    Jason,
    I replaced the upper panel of my garage door with a windowed section. I called a local rep and had it replaced. It made a world of difference. Something you may want to check out.

Jim

Tyler: Ha, ha... Yea, we don't have a church building here, so there's no ladies bathroom for me to docorate... yet. But I'm sure I'll get tapped for something. Good to hear from you again!

Ron: We're close to the Sierra Nevada's. On a good day (i.e. when we don't get all the bay area polution hanging out down here - thanks Chris!) we can see the snow capped peaks. It's nice to know it's there if we need it My wife and I enjoy downhill sking, so I'm sure we'll see snow at some point.

Jim: Thanks for the head's up! I didn't know you could just replace a section of the door. Hmmm....

Great shop Jason. I particularly like the slide out spindle sander.

Nice collection of clamps too. Did they mate and multiply while in the storage boxes>
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Great Shop

Hi Jason:

Great shop and it it is in a great little town. We moved back to Houston in 03 from Hanford.

Hope you enjoy the concerts on the square and the Superior Dairy Ice Cream as we did.

If Holt Lumber is still open you will enjoy the selection and service.

Best regards, Tom Hamilton

Are you sure it's not "San Hanford" California? Just kidding, looks great!

Mike

Hey Jason, very nice but, just in case I didn't catch someone else saying it, that shop is way, WAY too clean! Hey seriously, enjoy it and I, for one, can't wait to see the first project cranked outta' there! You do some magnificent work and I'm not entirely sure how you can improve on it, but that beaut of a shop will certainly help make the process more enjoyable!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Jason: Good to see you're getting set up and soon will be producing another one of your great, high quality pieces. You and I have many of the same tools (except for your new UniSaw) but my projects never finish up looking as nice as yours. Seriously, happy for you and looking forward to your next masterpiece!!
    Jerry

Tom: I didn't even know there was a lumber place in Hanford. I checked out a place in Fresno that looked pretty good, but I'll have to look up Holt - it's a bit closer And yes, you'll be happy to know that we've discovered Superior Dairy. Our daughter was there just last night. Not a bad way to end a hot day in the valley! Any other places for lumber and tools near by that you know of? I haven't seen much.

John: I pledge to you, a fellow SMCer, I have every intention of making a total and complete mess of the place just as soon as I land some cherry. I promise!

Jerry: Thanks for your kind words. You're a great encouragment along with everyone here at SMC. It's been awhile since I've built much of anything with all the moving. I just hope I still remember how to build furniture - and my tongue isn't even that far in my cheek when I say that.

Jason,

I'm a little slow in my response (been kinda busy doin' other things), but I've been waiting for "the post" regarding your new shop set-up following your move. Congratulations! I'm sure it's a good feeling to see that new Uni "chomping at the bit" for it's first ride with the master, Tuinstra. Your router table/cabinets look to be very functional -- nice job.

Looks like you've got a great place to make more of your masterful pieces. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I hope that all is well with you, your family and your church in the new surroundings.

Mike

I give it two months before it begins to look like it should, but it looks like you are off to a good start. What's first? I don't see a work bench in there.

Jason,
    It looks like you forgot to take a picture of the most important machine in any
    shop, your lathe! Great looking shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    And don't worry about those beemers, they leave the regular gas available for your consumption. (I'm starting to research and think about "family" vehicles and as soon as I see that "premium" word, the model gets crossed off the list...)
    You wanna play, you gotta pay!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey
    Jason,
    It looks like you forgot to take a picture of the most important machine in any
    shop, your lathe! Great looking shop!
    What's that?

Mike: Thanks your conern and your remembering our church. Things are going well so far. It's starting to get busy and that's a real blessing.

Sam: Well, I'm kind of going to build a work bench... I guess you could call it that anyway. I'm building a kitchen table for the family. And if you knew us, you'd know we do a lot of work at the table . LOML is a great cook! After the table is built, I'm going to attempt to build 8 chairs to match. We'll see. I've spent hours designing and drawing full scale plans and reading everything I can on chairs. I'm a bit nervous, but I'd really love to tackle it.