Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's your NFL team this weekend?

Neal, I moved back to the Pacific Northwest over 30 years ago. For decades I called the Seahawks, the Sea Squabs as their teams were pathetic. Too often, I heard the old joke about the PA announcer calling out at the game....."Would the pack leader of Cub Scout Pack 121 please remove your pack from the playing field? They are beating the Seahawks 41 to 3."

That was a good game yesterday. For me it's difficult to predict who will win a playoff game. Things change at this point in the season.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm not surprised the Saints lost, the wind and rain eliminated the deep pass threat and that pretty much eliminates the Saints. But the defense played well, I'm very happy with Rob Ryan.
    The wind and rain wasn't their biggest problem. Got to have a kicker to make a field goal once and awhile. Two missed field goals won't allow you to beat anyone.
    Last edited by Darcy Forman; 01-12-2014 at 11:30 PM.

3. Go Forty Niners !
    NOW off to Seattle
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mahan View Post
    Go Forty Niners !
    NOW off to Seattle
    NINERS!

I hear Seattle is being jerks about selling tickets out of state. Hope it comes back to bite 'em on the back side.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    NINERS!

I hear Seattle is being jerks about selling tickets out of state. Hope it comes back to bite 'em on the back side.

jtk
    Don't you simply order them online through Ticket Master like all NFL tickets? Sounds more like a wives' tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Don't you simply order them online through Ticket Master like all NFL tickets? Sounds more like a wives' tale.
    No ,
    post season tickets are offered up by the team ,
    Denver is doing the same thing as well now
    the tickets that TicketMaster sells during the season are left-overs from the teams own selling efforts &/or they are secondary market ticket sales (scalper type broker tickets )
    here local the 49ers are always sold out but you see tickets offered by TicketMaster those tkts are resale mark-up tickets that have a added "Service" fee
    Last edited by Michael Mahan; 01-13-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Is anyone going to give their championship game loyalty? Who do you want for AFC and NFC champions? Go San Francisco and hope both of the AFC teams lose though I detest Denver slightly less than New England. I am rooting for whoever wins the NFC in the Superbowl.

Has everyone lost interest in the games since their team losses in previous weeks?

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Nope, I'll be pulling for the Broncos as I have been all year long!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Go Forty Niners ! sflogopms.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mahan View Post
    Go Forty Niners ! sflogopms.jpg
    I have to forgive the Forty Niners for defeating the Cheese Heads. The NFC has the only likable teams in the hunt. Let's hope the NFC triumphs in the Superbowl in two weeks. Today let's hope San Francisco can win. Let's hope both AFC teams lose.

Has everyone lost interest in the games since their team losses in previous weeks?
    NOPE! I have waited 31 years for a local contender who might have a chance at winning. I can't call them the Sea Squabs anymore!

Ken

Blog Entries
    Well with the Saints out of it I'm done.

I have a lot of respect for Peyton Manning so I think I'll go for the Broncos the rest of the way.

Hard to guess who might win today's games. I think the AFC game is a complete toss up. In the NFC I'd say the 49ers. Both the 49ers and the Seahawks have excellent defenses but I think the 49ers have a better offense (better receivers).

Seahawks are at home though........ Man, what a tough place to play for the visiting team.

Good luck to everyone who's teams are still playing.

PHM

Paul.....I really think today's games are both toss-ups. There are good arguments for either team to win in both games.

I laugh at the media declaring the Denver/New England game "Manning-vs-Brady". Last time I watched football it took 11 people on the field regardless of whether a team was on defense or offense. I am sure fellow Creeker Zack Stief would testify that Drew Brees appreciates Zach's presence on the field any time your beloved Saints are on offense!

And Brady wants to portray NE as the underdog.....and yet......in his career, Manning is 4-10 against Brady so is Brady and NE the real underdog? I think Bill B. has done a masterful job of coaching considering the personnel changes and injuries NE has experienced this year.

Again...good arguments to justify all 4 teams to win. My wife is out of town for 2 weeks so I will prepare lunch and dinner before the games start. I don't think one will want to leave the television viewing area!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-19-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Ken

I have to forgive the Forty Niners for defeating the Cheese Heads. The NFC has the only likable teams in the hunt. Let's hope the NFC triumphs in the Superbowl in two weeks. Today let's hope San Francisco can win. Let's hope both AFC teams lose.
    Disagree. Niner's have a cocky coach, cocky QB, and a bunch of other cocky players. I'm not much of a Pete Carroll leave-USC-out-to-dry fan either. I like Russell Wilson but I actually think the Niners will win today. So, I'll be routing for either of the AFC teams in the Super Bowl especially if it's the Broncos.