Thread: Seeking Source for 3/4 Cherry Plywood - Prefer Half Sheet if Possible Near Pittsburgh

Seeking Source for 3/4 Cherry Plywood - Prefer Half Sheet if Possible Near Pittsburgh

I got a decent price on some Cherry and began gluing it up to make a TV stand only to find that the wood is not cooperating. Pieces were flat when I glued them up only to find that they have cupped. I've kept them in the same area for 2 weeks before planing and glue up and the temperature has been constant. Since I don't have a thickness sander I'm doing what I should have done to start...looking for cherry ply in 3/4 thickness. I really only need to cut 4 - 16x24 and one 16x30 (second dimension is the length or direction that the grain goes) pieces. The one cabinet maker that I has come through for me in the past doesn't have any so I'm seeking assistance of others.

My question is this.... does anyone know of a place that sells pieces or half sheets of 3/4 cherry plywood around Pittsburgh? I know Mars Lumber sells half sheets of 1/4 but I believe that's all they sell in that dimension. Any stores or contact info for someone who can supply a half sheet would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Try DSI in Carnegie

Bob

You could get a full sheet at Baird Bros in Canfield, Ohio. I know they will not sell a half sheet.

George

Home Depot on line--