Thread: Anyone have a mule sliding table?

Anyone have a mule sliding table?

Found a website www.mulecab.com, has an interesting sliding table for your
    tablesaw. Also router tables for your tablesaw. Does anyone have one of these? Jim

Jim, I have no experience with their sliding table. I do have the saw fence and like it very much. Here is an article comparing various sliding tables:

http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/Su...ingtables.html

Wifey got me the Rockler version 3-4 years ago, and, without resorting to language suitable only for sailors, let me say it's not very good. It was designed to be the cheapest on the market and they succeeded mightily. It is virtually impossible to get it completely aligned, and, if you do manage to get it close it won't stay that way very long. Everything is shimmed to achieve some sort of alignment then is bolted (not pinned) with (mostly) 1/4" bolts that WILL move with vibration and time.

Ray
    Retirement, it's not for wimps.

Thanks guys, I thought maybe it looked too good to be true. Jim

Darn it As Jim said, too good to be true... Glad to find out here that it isn't worth it than to try it and have it be crap.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

I beg to differ - I've got Mulecab's fence, router table and sliding cutoff installed on my Delta Contractor's saw and they all work great. Installation of the sliding table was straight forward and simple - no, it's not a $900 piece of equipment and it doesn't use bearings. I've found it to be sturdy, have not had any problems with alignment or losing the alignment over time. For me, it functions well and I'll continue to enjoy the use of it.

---Randy---

me too

I second Randy's respomse. I have the Rockler version and have had the Exaktor and Excaliber before. I wont compare these. They are different machines entirely....apples and oranges. BUT. I did find the Rockler sliding table to work well. Yes it doesnt glide on ball bearing slides, but dry lubricant works well. And it may take more alignment that the others particularly if you dont use it much. But for whatever the dollar, it should be considered.
    Here is my review when I first installed it: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/rklr-1.htm
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos