I made the trip over to Redmond & Sons this afternoon for their big open house, and nearly came home with a good gloat to report. As Maurce mentioned in another thread, Redmond has several bare-bones Unisaws for sale, as-is. I was looking at a stripped-down X5 Unisaw, 3hp, 1 phase, left tilt model that appeared to still have the shipping grease on the table. It was missing several things:

1. Fence & rails - No big deal, since I have a Jointech Saw Train.

2. Blade guard/splitter assembly - I hate Delta's design, and I'm thinking about switching to the MicroJig splitter and a Grrrripper, so this wasn't a big deal either.

3. Miter gauge - I have a Jointech Smart Miter, but I'd also pick up a cheap aftermarket miter gauge.

4. Dust connector - No big deal here either.

5. Extension wings - I'd like them, but I'd add tables on both sides anyway, so this wasn't a big problem either.

5. Switch and electrical cord to motor - This was the reason I didn't bring it home. Redmond told me that the Delta switch would be around $175 - $200!

When I got home and looked up the switch assembly on Delta's web site, they were about right on their estimate of the cost for the switch. But I looked at Grizzly's site and found a switch that looks like it would work.

Can any of you electrical geniuses tell me if I'm on the right track? I could be way off base thinking that switch would work. Is a switch and related wire all I would need to add to fire that saw up?