Thread: lift choices for Benchdog top?

lift choices for Benchdog top?

Is anyone besides Woodpeckers and Benchdog selling a compatible lift?

I think Jessem has one that fits in a Benchdog top

I have an older Bench Dog router table top. When I bought the Woodpecker Plunge Lift, it didn't fit in the recess. I knew it when I bought it, of course. It was a simple matter to enlarge the recess to fit. Maybe you could do the same if needed?

I have the benchdog lift in my benchdog cast iron table and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie May View Post
    I have the benchdog lift in my benchdog cast iron table and love it.
    Ditto on that, I couldn't be happier with my combo.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Ditto on that, I couldn't be happier with my combo.
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    I have an older Bench Dog router table top. When I bought the Woodpecker Plunge Lift, it didn't fit in the recess. I knew it when I bought it, of course. It was a simple matter to enlarge the recess to fit. Maybe you could do the same if needed?
    Not an option.
    asset.jpeg

I am leaving towards the Benchdog, of course. I just want to explore at all my options first.

I went with Incra because I liked the idea of metal inserts instead of plastic. I have it in the Benchdog cast iron table. Haven't had it very long, but I like it so far.

Paul

Paul, does your lift have the magnetic plate system? If so, does it consistently position the plates level with the lift's top?

Another vote for a Benchdog in a Benchdog. Solid as a rock and accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The Rockler FX list (which is a clone of an earlier Jessem model) fits the Bench Dog cast iron table opening. I installed one on my Bench Dog CI table saw extension. If you catch it on sale (which occurs regularly) you can get it for about 60% of the cost of the others mentioned. It does allow you to change bits above the table.

It is not, however, without issues. The bit-height adjustment hold feature isn't 100% fool-proof and the plastic inserts are slightly below the level of the rest of the plate. There are workarounds for both of these problems (crank technique and/or jam nut for the former, shims for the latter).
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Turkovich View Post
    The Rockler FX list (which is a clone of an earlier Jessem model) fits the Bench Dog cast iron table opening. I installed one on my Bench Dog CI table saw extension. If you catch it on sale (which occurs regularly) you can get it for about 60% of the cost of the others mentioned. It does allow you to change bits above the table.

It is not, however, without issues. The bit-height adjustment hold feature isn't 100% fool-proof and the plastic inserts are slightly below the level of the rest of the plate. There are workarounds for both of these problems (crank technique and/or jam nut for the former, shims for the latter).
    My biggest issue with the FX model was the limitation of the routers that can be used with it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Paul, does your lift have the magnetic plate system? If so, does it consistently position the plates level with the lift's top?
    Yes, it has the magnets to hold the plates in place, and yes they are the same height when switching plates.

Paul

Is the current bench dog lift the cast iron version? I see grumblings of a steel plate version, but the BD website says it's CI.