Thread: wackiest machine color scheme?

wackiest machine color scheme?

Share your picture of machines with the wackiest color scheme out there....

Here is one: A 14" welded steel bandsaw painted in a Hello Kitty color scheme... just add the Hello Kitty...

21311181762441_871.jpg

When I first got in the industry and was working for Felder, the Hammer machines were teal, purple, and yellow...

1w300h255_hammer-c331trend-480162-4.jpg

LOL, nobody wanted one back then. I think their decision to change to red and grey was a positive one!

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Fu View Post
    Here is one: A 14" welded steel bandsaw painted in a Hello Kitty color scheme... just add the Hello Kitty...
    I don't know. There's just something very wrong about that...

And I sure hope my wife doesn't see it. Being pink, she'll want one, or 2. (she's not a wood-worker...)
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Do not have a picture. But I have often thought about having my Uni-saw re-painted a "candy apple red", with white pin striping and flames along the base and/or the motor cover.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I have read that they are good machines but I have always thought Woodworker’s Supply’s house brand of flat green & yellow machines to be the ugliest out there.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me they are painful to look at.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce,

Funny, that was my choice too.

Rick Potter

There is always this classic...

6392-pink-bandsaw.jpg

Ben

I was lucky enough to get a personal tour of the Felder factory in Austria. When we were in the paint (powder coat) building my host pointed at some hot pink factory jigs and explained that Felder builds every machine to order and for a reasonable fee they will paint in any color you want. They've had 700 Series machines painted to look like 900 series and Format series. They also had a customer have a set of machines painted hot pink. They buy the powder for the powder coat in large pallet boxes and since they had a ton left with limited prospects of selling more hot pink machines they decided to use the powder on their internal fixtures. The host wasn't sure why that customer ordered hot pink, interesting for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    And I sure hope my wife doesn't see it. Being pink, she'll want one, or 2. (she's not a wood-worker...)
    This may solve the age-old problem of how to get tool purchases past our wives... if we can suck it up, just have them paint it a pretty color and the wife will have no problem with the cute tool you just purchased.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Do not have a picture. But I have often thought about having my Uni-saw re-painted a "candy apple red", with white pin striping and flames along the base and/or the motor cover.
    Me too ! http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...39#post2038939

I tore my panel router apart and refurbished and all I had was "RED!" from an automotive paintjob. I Like it! I see no real reason for dreary colors in a space that I spend so much time. I have to get to a couple of saws that need some lovin, and I am thinking Flames on one a Scalops on the other.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    I tore my panel router apart and refurbished and all I had was "RED!" from an automotive paintjob. I Like it! I see no real reason for dreary colors in a space that I spend so much time. I have to get to a couple of saws that need some lovin, and I am thinking Flames on one a Scalops on the other.

Larry
    Red you say……just so happens I've just finished up spraying my latest acquisition with "Chili Pepper Red" and it looks pretty good to me

Pictures to follow next week….after I re-assemble.

JeffD

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    That's not a bad color scheme. Didn't Matt have a candy apple red table saw with whit striping or accents?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post

Larry
    Hey, I'm still waiting to see that!
    The Plane Anarchist

15. Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    When I first got in the industry and was working for Felder, the Hammer machines were teal, purple, and yellow...

1w300h255_hammer-c331trend-480162-4.jpg

LOL, nobody wanted one back then. I think their decision to change to red and grey was a positive one!

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA
    I don't know about that as I kind of like the look of those colors. It would be unique.