Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro Question, Trestle table

Interior Design Suggestions

I pulled out a book on interior design I used to design several pieces of furniture in my house. (Anatomy for Interior Designers)

For dining;

Comfortable space for a person (width) 24 Inches is considered the avg space for diners. 26" is better, for arm chairs 28" is recommended. 19" is recommended for the end for people to do the things they do at a table when eating, although depending on how wide the table is, I suspect this dimension can vary.

For a 6' table that should sit six people comfortably, the trestles can be 48" to 56" apart. Because the table is only 6' long, I'd suggest the minimum workable distance between the trestles. I'd also suggest to the customer that arm chairs may not work well along the table, but will be fine at the ends.

I also think you customer being an architect is aware of these principles for good interior design, and it would be interesting to know the challenges she is having in the room/space that is dictating her thoughts on this.

It seems to me that this all boils down to about a 2 inch window on each end- whether the trestles should be 12 or 14 inches from the end. For a 6 foot table, there are not a lot of options.

Didn't show up, didn't call? They have four kids, who knows?

I appreciate all of the comments,, mostly confirmed how I felt on the subject.

Larry

Thats alway a bummer. Hopefully something came up.