Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is this guy???

Blog Entries
    At first I thought it a shame that the tools didn't go to a museum as one collection so all can see them. On second thought, however, I am glad many got to purchase them and am hopeful they are getting proper love, attention, and USE by their new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I'd assume he was from pennsylvania, somewhere? He talks like my grandparents talked (south central and eastern PA influence). "made in uh-mare-eeee-cuh"

Not that it's a bad thing, I just recognize the accent.
    Gene lived in Montoursville, PA which is outside Williamsport.
    Chuck Bender -
    acanthus.com
    Period Furniture Maker - Woodworking Mentor

I did not know him but I miss him.

Fascinating articles he wrote.
    For instance the one where he talked about the old guys burring the walnut planks under the animal stalls and how the urine would patina the wood and once the wood was taken out and stickered and was properly ready he could tell by the way he could just break off the sap wood with his hands.
    I am not kidding.
    You just don't read articles like that now. If you can let me know where. Please.
    Sharpening is Facetating.
    Good enough is good enough
    But
    Better is Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Winton Applegate View Post
    Fascinating articles he wrote.
    For instance the one where he talked about the old guys burring the walnut planks under the animal stalls and how the urine would patina the wood and once the wood was taken out and stickered and was properly ready he could tell by the way he could just break off the sap wood with his hands.
    I am not kidding.
    You just don't read articles like that now. If you can let me know where. Please.
    Sadly, it's a brave new world.