Thread: Ole Anderson and "Oneida Ductwork Resource Kit"

Ole Anderson and "Oneida Ductwork Resource Kit"

On Feb 11, 2011, Ole Anderson posted about a document by this title he got from Oneida that he found very helpful in installing his duct work. There were some replies that indicated other forum users had the document and were attaching it (or links to it) to their posts. I can't figure out where the attachments or links are and can't find it by searching SMC or Oneida's website. I have sent a couple of private messages to Ole this week, but haven't received a reply. Can someone send it to me or repost a link to it? Thanks.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Wow, seeing your name in a thread title sure gets your attention! Sorry Brian, I don't often look up to notice if I have any notifications (PM's). I wish I always got an email telling me of a PM. Other forums do that, maybe I just have mine set up wrong. First, regarding using rivets in lieu of screws: They are easy to drill out, but occasionally they do get caught and start to spin. Try doing your initial install with screws, and when you are happy, remove the screws, drill out the screw hole to 1/8" and install a 1/8" x 1/8" rivet. That is what I did. As for the Oneida Duct Work Resource Kit, it is a 3.5 meg .PDF and too big to attach to a post in the thread. I will be glad to email it to you, or anyone else for that matter. Just PM me with your email address. I will try to keep an eye out for Notifications.

Ole,

Let's check your setup for notification of PMs. I have mine setup and I get emails whenever someone PMs me.

1. On the upper right....select "Settings"

2. Watch the left side...scroll down and select "General Settings"

3. In the new page displayed....under "Private Messaging" make sure you have "Private Messaging On" and "From all members" selected.

4. Under "From all members" make sure you have "Receive email notification of New Private Messages" selected.

5. I also have "Show new Private Message notification popup selected. Thus whenever I sign on, a new window pops up indicating I have a new PM and there in I can select to view it.

6. Be sure to click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page when finished making those changes.

It works well for me.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-22-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ken. I couldn't find it under "Profile", but I did find it under "Settings". So far 5 folks have requested copies of the Oneida Ductwork Resource Kit. If anyone else would like a copy, be sure to include your email address in a PM to me.

Thanks to Ole for the Oneida publication and to Ken for helping with our PMing challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Thanks Ken. I couldn't find it under "Profile", but I did find it under "Settings". So far 5 folks have requested copies of the Oneida Ductwork Resource Kit. If anyone else would like a copy, be sure to include your email address in a PM to me.
    Ole,

Thanks for correcting my error! I changed my previous post to make it accurate.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....