Thread: YAG Laserable sandblasting mask.

YAG Laserable sandblasting mask.

I am looking for a heavy duty sandblasting mask that can be cut with a yag laser. Does anyone know of a material that may fit my needs?
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Why not use one of your co2's instead? Anchor stencil is polyester based and I cut loads of it with my co2.

Joe your inbox is full!!! You only need to turn the power of to 24v psu at the wall, leave everything else plugged in!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew knott View Post
    Joe your inbox is full!!! You only need to turn the power of to 24v psu at the wall, leave everything else plugged in!
    Can I turn off the power to the power supply with the laser still turned on (not while actually layering but with the lasers sitting idle).

Also I got rid of some old messages in my inbox so it should work now.

Hans (35 watt YAG)

Yes, you can turn it on/off anytime you like, its only linked to the laser by opto isolators, have you got it running properly yet?
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

For the most part. It turns out the rotary I planned to use had a bent tail stock so if I run a part more than one time it doesn't line up perfectly and I don't know if that is caused by the bent shaft or I don't have the number of steps right. I ordered a new part and it should be here next week.

Other than that I can put a ceramic mug in it and as long as I only engrave once everything works as it should. I spent last night creating new files for everything I plan to run it it but only tested three of them.

I also plan to mount everything nice and neat so it isn't a rats nest of wires.

Hans (35 watt YAG)

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what direction this thread went in, but to your original question...

Polyamide with an adhesive should cut well with the fiber. Though I'm not sure why you would want to use it rather than the CO2... the polyamide will cost a bunch more than a standard resist.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Joe,

I am curiuous. How did the tail stock of your rotary get damaged? I haven't seen a rotary for a ULS in person, but perhaps a machine shop could help you repair that? Those suckers are expensive new.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Joe,

I am curiuous. How did the tail stock of your rotary get damaged? I haven't seen a rotary for a ULS in person, but perhaps a machine shop could help you repair that? Those suckers are expensive new.

Dave
    I am not sure. It was in storage from before I took over the business. Their is a precision ground pin the the tail stock "chuck" spins on and it is bent. My guess is the rotary was dropped or something was dropped on it. When I used it in the universal laser the out of balance didn't cause a problem but with the eletrox laser it caused a 1/32" gap every time it rotated a step. I ordered a new pin so it was only a $30 fix.

Hans (35 watt YAG)