Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Fries View Post
    Hungary Man
    That must be one of their new ethnic food lines

David,

I changed the post to Banquet. Hungary Man is made by them.

Sorry...

I suggest you try to put aside personal biases and become a little more skeptical about news sources. Last week it was nuclear reactors and this week it's corporations....the sky is falling!

Out of curiosity, what is your profession?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken,

I am retired from a career as an IT support person.

I am only trying to have intelligent conversation about things that bother me. Sometimes others can help clarify a viewpoint or bring new perspectives into view.

I do not think the sky is falling but just want a clearer view of what is there.
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 01-20-2014 at 8:07 PM.

At our local Central Market and Whole Foods, they have entire racks of "fair trade" chocolate bars. Yeah, they cost about 4X-5X what a Hershey (et al) bar does but if someone is concerned about the human implications of this or that, the packaging on each of these goes into great detail about the origin, the fair nature of it, organic, etc. I do not eat chocolate very often, so can justify the price of these bars but that being said, after having been exposed to good, dark chocolate such as these, hershey and all htose others just taste like wax to me so I don't buy them, anyhow.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    At our local Central Market and Whole Foods, they have entire racks of "fair trade" chocolate bars. Yeah, they cost about 4X-5X what a Hershey (et al) bar does but if someone is concerned about the human implications of this or that, the packaging on each of these goes into great detail about the origin, the fair nature of it, organic, etc. I do not eat chocolate very often, so can justify the price of these bars but that being said, after having been exposed to good, dark chocolate such as these, hershey and all htose others just taste like wax to me so I don't buy them, anyhow.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

+1 on this

Erik,

Thanks for the fair trade tip. I had no thought of that and will seek out those labels.

Erik,

Thanks for the fair trade tip. I had no thought of that and will seek out those labels.
    Raymond, our favorite around here is edangered species brand. Great flavor, even at the super dark level of almost 90% cacao. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cozad View Post
    Raymond, our favorite around here is edangered species brand. Great flavor, even at the super dark level of almost 90% cacao. ...
    I thought that was a ruse at first. Sort of like saying that you love spotted owl soup!!

"my favorite is spotted owl soup from the endangered species brand - but you have to ask the grocery store manager about it, because they can't put it on the shelves - they keep it under wraps at the service desk"

David,

I changed the post to Banquet. Hungary Man is made by them.

Sorry...
    No, I was just giving a ruse about the spelling since Hungary is a country, vs Hungry.

"If Wal-Mart buys products manufactured in other counties and a loss of business resulted in a loss of manufacturing jobs in this country, should the customers of Wal-Mart beheld responsible? Just asking? Nestle buys cocoa from suppliers who may be using child labor. We want to hold Nestle responsible for what happens. Should we be held responsible for shopping at Wal-Mart?'

..............[/QUOTE]

should we, as customers of Wal-Mart be responsible? Yes, we should, if not us then who?