Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happened to Jessem/Milwaukee router table motor?

what happened to Jessem/Milwaukee router table motor?

You know the one, had a power/speed control part way up the cord that could be mounted on the side of your router table.
    JessEm 05626

Are they discontinued? I cant seem to find one anywhere.

Jim

Ouch! At that price I could build this set up twice and have change.

I thought they were off the market. We purchased what may have been on of the last ones in Canada a couple of years ago from The Tool Store online; it was high but not that price

Blog Entries
    Yikes! I got mine at Woodcraft on closeout. It was around $200 but that was a few years ago. It works well.

I have the original M 5625 with the speed control on the router...........never understood the attraction of the Jessem mod. Looks like the market didn't either. It's a great router in the stock config.
    Dick Mahany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    I have the original M 5625 with the speed control on the router...........never understood the attraction of the Jessem mod. Looks like the market didn't either. It's a great router in the stock config.
    I have the regular model also. The crappiness of the power switch is enough to make any alternative attractive.

I have the regular and the jessem set up, they were discontinued, I managed to get one from Jessem a few years ago for around $400.

At that price, never mind.

I liked the idea of power and speed control out where I can get at them w/o reaching under the table.

Power switch is no biggy, but some of the variable speed routers dont like the "speed control" things some places sell.

Now for half that price, I might jump, but even that would be pushing it.

Jim

Years ago I was brave and modified my 5625-20 to have external speed control with a precision potentiometer. This has worked out great for many years - I have a WP lift so I never have to mess with the router at all. After I did my mod another user dug into it and found the P/M's for the factory remote speed control. As I recall it wasn't terribly expensive. I may have an old e-mail trail at home with the details but check this out too:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=speed

Mike (feel free to PM me)

Quote Originally Posted by jim hedgpeth View Post
    At that price, never mind.

I liked the idea of power and speed control out where I can get at them w/o reaching under the table.

Power switch is no biggy, but some of the variable speed routers dont like the "speed control" things some places sell.

Now for half that price, I might jump, but even that would be pushing it.

Jim
    You do realise the price includes the motor which is worth almost $300 on it's own, so for a extra $100+ you get a specifically designed and integrated remote on/off switch plus variable speed controller.

Quote Originally Posted by michael flay View Post
    You do realise the price includes the motor which is worth almost $300 on it's own, so for a extra $100+ you get a specifically designed and integrated remote on/off switch plus variable speed controller.
    The Jessem setup? It's $768.51.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    The Jessem setup? It's $768.51.
    I bought mine direct from Jessem for just over $400.

Quote Originally Posted by michael flay View Post
    I bought mine direct from Jessem for just over $400.
    Yeah but you yourself said they were discontinued???

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Yeah but you yourself said they were discontinued???
    And your point?