Thread: Fold-away outfeed for General 650 TS

Fold-away outfeed for General 650 TS

Since I harvested a lot of good ideas from the forum for outfeed table designs I thought I'd share the outcome of my holiday doings.

I used to have my previous workbench (a solid core door on a 2x4 base) behind the TS but it was taking up too much space and the part not directly behind the TS blade saw little use. I save money by cutting down the door to about a third of the size and then banding the expose particle board with some scrap ash that I had in the bin.

The only mod that I needed to do to the TS was to drill some holes through the back piece of angle iron. The holes don't interfere with its purpose (to hold the side support table). Lag screwed an appropriate sized hunk of pine to the angle iron and routed some grooves for mitre bars to have clearance. The leg brackets fold up and then the table top is hinged to fold down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, that's similar to what I'd like do to my saw. What hinge is that on the legs?
    ~Garth

If you search for "folding leg" on Lee Valley's site they should turn up in the results.

Nice! Looks nearly identical to the one I built for my saw.

Although I have to admit - the one I built is seldom in the down position.
    Stan

Jeff, that's a beautiful job! I intend to do similar when I finally get a stationary saw.

I was thinking something similar in size and construction would be good on the left side when cutting large pieces.
    Maintenance Man - I do precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by people of questionable knowledge...

Looks nice Jeff, very similar to what I had when I owned that model of saw...........Rod.

Did a similar task when I had my Unisaw. Only difference was using piano hinges for the pivot. I even used the same Lee Valley folding leg device as you did. Great solution to small shop spaces.