Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I need a tool but.....

So I replaced the quick connect coupler and it fixed the problem of not being able to get it off w/o driving a nail first or shutting off the flow of air. Thanks all.

BTW I never did find such a device to relieve pressure before the gun.

Go up to reply #11.

RP

I posted a couple weeks ago this information. I am sure there are other brands besides this but I have personal experience with these because I use them. While 90 psi and a 1/4" fitting may not require an exhaust coupling I can assure you that 175 psi on a 1/2" line or larger requires it. There is a safety aspect to it though. In general people have little respect for compressed air. While it's not common it has caused fatalities from seemingly harmless activities. I know that there will be those who scoff at this. Here is a link for the Parker EZ Mate couplings. Just add the W thing in front. parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.de7b26ee6a659c147cf26710237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=fcc9b5bbec622110VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCR D&vgnextfmt=default&vgnextdiv=&vgnextcatid=127891& vgnextcat=E-Z-MATE+SERIES+(EXHAUST)+QUICK+COUPLERS+-+NA&Wtky=QUICK+COUPLINGS