Thread: Bosch 1619EVS Fit into a Table

Bosch 1619EVS Fit into a Table

Well I finally bought a 3.25 HP Router - A Bosch 1619EVS
    Plan was to use my Bosch 1617 hand held and put the power in the table. Problem is the big unit is BIG. I built a router table and cut the opening to fit the generic Rockler aluminum plate. Worked great for the 2-1/4 HP Bosch.
    I tried to slide the new Router in the hole but it would not go without a fight.
    So the question is, are the handles removable ? They stick out quite a ways from the motor body.
    Thanks for some ideas.

You can only remove one since the other has the switch unless you relocate that one for remote use.

Parts breakdown: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bos...1119_3229.html

Maybe try putting the router inside the cabinet and propping it up on some scrap stock…enough so that you can align the screw plate above and then drop the plate into the opening. I understand the issue…I use a 1617 in my router table with a woodpecker aluminum base and if I don't remove the wooden knobs I can't make the drop-in.

I use a 1619EVS in my router table and initially had a difficult time getting it in and out of the table due to the handles. I found that if I release the "coarse adjustment lock" and let the router rise an inch or two above the base I can then insert it into the top (at an angle from stright perpendicular) and then push the router up near to its final cutting position and engage the adjustment lock and then set the height to its final position. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using a Bench Dog table with the Bench Dog plate, Item #: 20813.

Thank you all for the ideas. I removed the handles to the cast body. The switch had 4 wires on it. I checked with a multi-meter and found the 2 wire plug came in and was "Switched" to the motor wires. IN white to motor black and IN black to motor blue. Bolted the wire ends together, taped up and covered the hole in the motor casting.
    Now the router is plenty small and works on my remote power switch.
    Nice! Thanks again.